Gold plated ring. The embossment is a talisman for protection.
The engraving is "Ben Porat Yosef Alei ayin" and one of the kabbalah names of God for protection from the evil eye in Hebrew.
"Ben Porat Yosef" is from Jacob's blessing to Joseph: The Talmud talks about Joseph's goodness in several references, associating between the words "Ben Porat Yosef Alei ayin" and "Ayin Ra'a" (evil eye), that Joseph has protection from it.
Yaakov Avinu blessed Joseph, his son, and indeed Joseph's success was much more significant than his brothers.
אלד is one of the names of God for protection from the evil eye.
A massive ring with a presence. For all those women who love to make a statement with their jewelry.
High-quality gold-plated brass base.
Ring size: Approx. 1.12" x 0.3" (30 mm x 7.5 mm)
The ring fits sizes 7.5 US - 8 US
Each of my pieces comes packaged in a decorative box with a gift bag.
In the box, I include a card that explains the meaning of what engraved or embossed on the piece.
Empowerment, Women's Jewelry, Judaica Jewelry, Jewish Jewelry, Judaica and Kabbalah
Type of gems
- "Ben porat yosef aley-ayin" Genesis 49:22
- From Jacob's blessing to Joseph: The Talmud talks about Joseph's goodness in several references, associating between the words "Ben porat Yosef aley ayin" and "Ayin Ra'a" (evil eye), against which Joseph is protected.
- Alef-lamed-dalet - from the 72 names of G-d - protection from the evil eye.
- In the Kabbalah, or Jewish mysticism, the names of the Divinity appear in 72 different three-letter combinations.
- According to the Kabbalah, these letters hold the key to the channels of powerful energy in the universe. Each combination of letters has its own unique qualities, representing a connection to a specific positive energy.
- The clandestine experts who studied the Book of Zohar say that anyone can connect to those same cosmic energy channels and control their virtues by glancing at the letters. Kabbalah teaches that each person carries divinity within, and when we connect to our inner powers, we can work miracles. These letters are implements to be used towards that endeavor.
- ויהי, נעם ה' אלוהינו עלינו. ומעשה ידינו כוננה עלינו; ומעשה ידינו, כוננהו" תהלים צ,יז"
- "Vihi no'am Ado-nai Elohenou alenou, ouma'asse' yadenou konena alenou, ouma'asse yade'nou konenehou." Psalm 90:17.